About Honyaku Center Inc.
As a leading company in the translation industry,
Honyaku Center continues to be growth-oriented
and is still expanding
Honyaku Center was founded in 1986 as a medical translation company. As we grew and expanded into other fields, we have continued to provide the specialized translation services our clients rely on for their growth and globalization. More than just translation, we are equipped to provide a full range of professional language services such as interpreting, personnel placement and global staffing services, interpreter and translator education, and international conference planning and execution. This dedication to comprehensive solutions is what has made us a leading company in the translation industry.
- April 1986
- Medical Honyaku (Translation) Center Inc. is established to provide specialized medical and pharmaceutical translation services mainly to clients in the Kansai region.
- September 1988
- Translation services expand into the Industrial sector.
- August 1997
- Translation services expand into the Patent sector.
- April 1998
- Translation services expand into the Financial & Legal sector.
- June 2003
- Medical writing services launched.
- April 2004
- Personnel dispatch services launched.
- October 2004
- International Documentation Center Inc. (IDC) became a wholly owned subsidiary by stock transfer.
- April 2006
- Honyaku Center becomes listed on the Osaka Securities Exchange "Hercules" Standard Index (Now Tokyo Stock Exchange "Jasdaq Standard”)
- November 2006
- HC Language Solutions, Inc. is established as a subsidiary in California, U.S.A.
- August 2008
- Joint-venture HC Beijing Inc. is established in China.
- October 2008
- HC Language Careers Inc. is established, specializing in temporary staffing for the language services industry.
- December 2010
- FIPAS Inc. is established, specializing in overseas patent application filing and support.
- September 2012
- ISS, INC. became a wholly owned subsidiary.
- April 2013
- To consolidate our staffing business, HC Language Careers Inc. has been merged with ISS, INC. (HC Language Careers has been absorbed.)
- October 2014
- Panacea Inc., a medical writing company, is established.
- April 2015
- Language One Corporation is established as a joint venture with Q&A Corporation.
- April 2016
- International Documentation Center Inc. (IDC) is merged with Honyaku Center Inc.
- October 2017
- Acquired stake in Mirai Translate, Inc.
- November 2017
- Media Research, Inc. became a group company
- February 2018
- Established Tokyo Head Office (Joint headquarters system with Osaka Head Office)