Honyaku Center Inc. (hereafter referred to as “Honyaku Center” or “we”) acknowledges the importance of personal information and, based on the idea that it is Honyaku Center’s social responsibility to manage personal information required to provide services, seeks to protect personal information by properly acquiring, using and managing personal information that we handle in accordance with the policy set as follows.
- We observe laws and regulations and company rules relating to the protection of personal information.
- We acquire personal information in an adequate manner after making clear the purposes of use of such information.
- We use personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use of such information.
- When we are requested to disclose, correct, or discontinue the use of personal information, we will do so to the extent provided for by laws and regulations within a reasonable timeframe.
- We take necessary and appropriate information management measures to prevent unauthorized access to, loss or divulging of personal information, and implement and improve the measures on a continual basis.
Handling of Personal Information
Honyaku Center informs you of the following with regard to personal information (the information defined by Section 1, Article 2 of Personal Information Protection Law) that we handle to facilitate the services we provide in accordance with the law noted above.
Purpose of use of personal informationThe purposes of use of personal information we hold are as follows.
Personal information acquired from customers
Performance of work and sending of deliverables
- Performance of work consigned by clients and contracts
- Forwarding of translation results, return of materials provided from customers, and other communication necessary for service provision
- Collection of compensation, management of assets and liabilities, and management of customer information
- Provision of information on services and other business activities
- Response to inquiries and consultations, and confirmation and recording of such responses
- Correspondence including customer support and after-sales service, and confirmation and recording of such correspondence
Improvement of service and business efficiency
- Planning, development and improvement of services
- Research, and collection and analysis of business data
Training and seminars
- Registration of trainees, archival record management, collection of course fees and other contract performance
- Notification on training and seminars
- Performance of work and sending of deliverables
Personal information acquired from translators, proofreaders
and other contractors
- Selection, registration, management of contractors, and communication necessary for work
- Arrangement of translation/proofreading, conclusion of contracts, payment of commissions and other contract performance
- Management of assets and liabilities, tax processing, and other procedures required
Personal information acquired from shareholders
- Exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations under the Companies Act and applicable laws and regulations
- Operation and recording of shareholders’ meeting
- Implementation of measures to facilitate interaction between shareholders and Honyaku Center
- Data accumulation and statistics processing, such as data creation in accordance with the standards based on applicable laws and regulations
Personal information acquired from applicants to
recruitment/internship or from retired employees
- Provision of information and notification to applicants to recruitment/internship, and other work related to recruitment activities
- Procedures after retirement and provision of information and notification to retired employees
Personal information acquired from employees and their
- Work related to employment management
- Work related to payment of salary and other compensation
- Work related to welfare program
- Work related to health control
- Procedures and communications required by law
- Any other procedures and communications required in the course of business
Purpose of use of specific personal information
- Paperwork related to health insurance and employment insurance
- Paperwork related to employee pension and national pension
- Paperwork related to tax withholding on income including salary and bonus, and annual adjustment
- Paperwork for preparation and submission of withholding certificate and payroll report
- Paperwork related to employee stock ownership plan, asset-building deposit and corporate pension
- Paperwork for preparation and submission of legal payment record
- Any other paperwork specified in Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure
- Personal information acquired from customers
Disclosure of personal information to a third party
We will not disclose personal information to any third party
except in the cases below:
- When the person’s consent is obtained
- When it is required by laws and regulations
- When it is required for protection of human wellbeing or property, and it is difficult to obtain the person’s consent
- When personal information is disclosed in connection with business succession due to merger or other reasons
- When it is necessary under applicable laws and regulations to cooperate with a government agency, local public agency, or parties authorized by them, and the obtaining of consent from the person in question is likely to hinder the execution of such duties.
- We may contract all or part of personal information handling to the extent necessary to fulfill the purpose of use specified in the above “1. Purpose of use of personal information.” In such case, we will implement necessary and appropriate supervision of contractors by such measures as concluding an agreement on personal information protection.
- We will not disclose personal information to any third party except in the cases below:
Sharing personal information within the Group companiesWithin the extent necessary to achieve purposes listed in “1. Purpose of use of personal information,” we may share personal information in our possession as described below.
- Personal information items: name, address, telephone number, email address, information on place of employment (company’s/department’s name), among others
Scope of entities to share personal information: within the
below listed Group companies:
- ISS, INC.
- HC Language Solutions, Inc.
- FIPAS Inc.
- Panacea Inc.
- Language One Corporation
- Purpose of sharing: Described in “1. Purpose of use of personal information”
- Entity responsible for managing personal information to be shared: Honyaku Center Inc.
Application for disclosure of personal informationWe will respond to requests for notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, correction, addition, deletion, discontinuation of use, erasure, and ceasing disclosure to third parties of personal information we hold (hereafter collectively referred to as “personal information disclosure, etc.”).
When requesting personal information disclosure, etc., requests should be accompanied by identification (e.g. copy of driver’s license, passport, health insurance card, resident card, seal registration certificate, etc.) and commission (postal stamp for ¥624) by mail to the Personal Information Desk below. If the request is made by a representative, an authorization letter is needed in addition to the above identification.
We will provide a written response to requests after confirming the requester’s identity by mailing to the address provided. If we are unable to comply with a request, we will inform the requester of such, including the reason for refusal, by mail.
Collection and use of user attribute and browsing activity data
Cookies, which can acquire data such as attributes that do
not identify individuals separately or in combination,
including age, gender, occupation, location, as well as user
site access data (accessed URLs, content, etc.), are used on
this site. No personal information is included in any cookie
or behavioral history data.
Cookies are used for the following purposes:
- To serve appropriate advertising on this or other sites based on usage and content access data on this site.
- To provide a customized experience based on user settings and third party services the user may be logged into, etc.
- To collect and analyze access and usage data for this site
- To improve our services.
This website may contain advertising content provided by
third party advertising delivery services (hereinafter
“Advertising Companies”). Cookie information, etc., may be
acquired and used by Advertising Companies.
Cookie information, etc. acquired by Advertising Companies is dealt with in accordance with privacy policies of such Advertising Companies.
- Users can opt out of allowing Advertising Companies access to cookie data by accessing their respective Opt Out sites at the URLs below.
- A cookie is data sent from a website and stored in the website user’s browser when the site is accessed. Each time the user loads the website the browser sends the cookie back to the server, notifying the site of the user’s previous activity. Cookies are designed to be a reliable way for websites to remember stateful information, or to track the user’s browsing activity.
Google Analytics Terms of Service:
How Google Uses Data When Users Use Google Partners'
Websites or Apps:
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on:
- Google Analytics Terms of Service:
ContactFor inquiries regarding the handling of personal information we hold, please contact the following Personal Information Desk.<Contact for personal information>
Personal Information Desk, Honyaku Center Inc.
Mail: OSAKA MIDOUSUJI Bldg. 13F, 4-1-4 Kyutaro-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0056